- Toily Kurbanov: Address at Second Consultation Workshop on “National Environmental Policy , Nay Pyi Taw Dec 18, 2015
- H. E. Dr. Thet Thet Zin, Deputy Minister for Environmental Conservation and Forestry at the Second Consultation Workshop on Developing National Environmental Policy and Strategy Framework Dec 18, 2015
Policies that Promote Work for Human Development Needed to Catalyse Growth in Myanmar
Dec 16, 2015
Fast technological progress, deepening globalization, aging societies and environmental challenges are transforming what work means today, presenting both opportunities and risks for Myanmar and for the world. The 2015 Human Development Report, launched today in Yangon, by the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) Resident Representative, Ms Renata Dessallien, urges governments around the world to act now to prevent widening inequalities.
Taunggyi Rule of Law Centre Opens
Dec 15, 2015
The Taunggyi Rule of Law Centre opened last week, attracting senior government officials and civil society actors to an open day event that provided detailed services the centre would provide.
- Remarks by Ms. Renata Dessallien, UN Resident and Humanitarian Coordinator at the National Natural Disaster Management Committee: Recovery Forum III Dec 11, 2015
Women Local Administrators Inspire Rural Women’s Network to Take on Bigger Leadership Roles
Dec 11, 2015
Aim for the sky, preserver and you will succeed, that is the message from Myanmar’s female local administrators to aspiring women to become community leaders.
- Address at the Launch of the Women and Leadership Report: Toily Kurbanov, UNDP Country Director Dec 9, 2015
Myanmar’s Women Village Tract/Ward Administrators: Evidence that Barriers to Female Local Leadership can be Overcome
Dec 9, 2015
Village Tract or Ward Administrators are the closest point of contact for communities with the official government administrative structure. A report released today by the United Nations Development Programme in Myanmar reveals that out of the 16,785 local level administrators, only 42, or 0.25% are female.
- Opening Remarks by U Min Shwe, Deputy Director General, General Administration Department at the VTA Capacity Development Workshop Dec 9, 2015
- Economic Transformation, Development and Cooperation: The Past, The Present and The Future - Toily Kurbanov Dec 2, 2015