Myanmar Good Governance Forum
The Myanmar Good Governance Forum will take place on 24-25 February 2015 in Nay Pyi Taw at the Myanmar International Convention Centre (MICC II).
The opening session of the Myanmar Good Governance Forum will include the launch of the State of Local Governance Mapping reports; and will feature the following speakers:
- Welcome and Inaugural Address H.E. Lt. General Ko Ko, Union Minister of Home Affairs
- Launch of the Local Governance Reports Mr. Toily Kurbanov, UNDP Country Director and H.E. Brigadier General Kyaw Zan Myint, Deputy Minister of Home Affairs
- Video presentation Community Dialogues in Myanmar
- Vote of thanks Col. Htein Linn, Minister, Security and Border Affairs,
Rakhine State Government
- Vote of thanks Ms. Renata Lok-Dessallien, UN Resident
Coordinator and UNDP Resident Representative
- Key note address: H.E. U Hla Tun, Union Minister President’s Office
The agenda of the Myanmar Good Governance Forum can be downloaded here.
The Myanmar Good Governance Forum will focus on taking stock and looking beyond the national reforms initiated, reflecting specifically on the progress on the decentralization process and local governance reform. As a highlight, the reports and results on the State of Local Governance, will be launched during the Forum. These reports are the result of the Local Governance Mapping, an unprecedented nationwide effort led by the Ministry of Home Affairs and UNDP to map the quality of local governance and service delivery in all 14 states and regions of Myanmar.
It will be attended by National (Union, State/ Regions and township level) actors and international actors from national/local government, administration, parliaments, academia and research, CSOs, private organizations and the UN system.